Saturday, October 13, 2012

Frilly Knit Scarf

Red Heart Boutique Sashay

I decided to to the longer scarf with only 6 stitches.  This has been something really new.  The pattern said to pick up stitches by putting the needle from back to front 6 times. The stitches being the top 2 threads of the braid.  Then you just knit and keep turning.

The front side and the back side look exactly the same.  I was able to make 8 inches in 20 minutes.

I finally figured out how to hide the ends.  It didn't turn out as long as the pattern said.  I probably knitted too loosely.  The finished length is 44 inches not 62.
I am still pleased with the finished project.  It took 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete.  If you need a really fast gift this would be it.

NOTE: This pattern is on the Red Heart Sashay Yarn label.

No comments:

Post a Comment