Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Snowflakes in Split Ring Tatting by Karen Bovard


This book has 54 different snowflakes all made with rings and split rings.  Because it is diagramed I can't show you the inside without violating copy right laws.
First 2 rings, I haven't done split ring tatting for a while, but it all came back to me.
I messed up and made this ring with attaching it to the second ring.  Tried to open the ring, but was too tired and finally cut it off and hid the ends in the split ring.  So that ring I'm pointing to is fuzzy.
Two points completed on the second round.  The diagram is easier to follow if you mark the rings you have completed.  I made a copy and enlarged it, since I don't see very well anymore.
I started this project about 2:00 pm Sunday and got this far by 8:30 pm.  I did take several breaks, but didn't really keep track of my time.
Took me a couple hours to finish and had to fill my shuttle mid point.  It measures 4.5 inches.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're making good progress. I like using a post it flag to follow patterns. Are the patterns well diagrammed and easy to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love it, and wondered if this book was work getting😄

    ReplyDelete